Virima Autonomic Social Discovery
Virima’s Autonomic Social Discovery (ASD) is an innovative feature that automates human intelligence gathering, providing a deeper understanding of your IT and cyber asset inventory. This tool helps fill critical knowledge gaps that cannot be automatically learned through discovery probes and agents alone, such as asset lifecycle status, ownership information, business criticality, policies, and SLAs.
Simplify IT Asset and Service Management with Virima
Top Two Ways Virima Visual Impact Display Benefits IT Operations
Top Two Ways Virima Visual Impact Display Benefits Cybersecurity
Automate Human Intelligence Gathering
ASD automates the process of gathering asset information that cannot be auto-discovered to ensure completeness and integrity of asset configuration and inventory data.
ASD helps break down information silos and collaborate on what data is needed to eliminate critical asset inventory blind spots
Ensure Completeness of ITAM and CMDB
Asset inventory completeness matters when it comes to controlling costs, fast incident response, planning for change, prioritizing vulnerabilities, and reporting with confidence.
How Virima Autonomic Social Discovery Works
Any out of the box or custom CI/asset attribute can be tagged for ASD integrity checking. When the system sees a required piece of human intelligence missing, it will notify the listed owner to provide the data. Assignees can reassign ownership or individual tasks to other users, and the system adapts to determine the best resource for future intelligence gathering. This process ensures ITAM and CMDB completeness and integrity assurance.
Virima’s IT asset discovery software can tell you things about your IT assets that you never knew with astonishing accuracy. Virima Discovery also includes Virima CMDB and ViVID Service Mapping resulting in a complete, accurate and visual CMDB.
Virima Discovery comes with many great features and benefits including:
- System learns from prior experiences to enhance data gathering.
- Algorithms Improve over time, predicting the best resource for future intelligence gathering.
- Adapts to changes within the organization or asset management.
- Reduces the need for manual supervision and control.
- Ensures continuous improvement in the process of intelligence gathering.
- Flexible notification options via Virima UI and email.
ITAM and CMDB Completeness
- Ensures complete and accurate data in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Maintains up-to-date and relevant asset information.
- Facilitates better management of IT devices and resources.
- Reduces errors and redundancies in the CMDB.
- Assures businesses about the integrity of their IT asset data.
Best Practices for Autonomic Social Discovery
- Regularly update the fields marked for Integrity Check.
- Ensure the right resources are chosen for data provision.
- Manage task notifications to avoid overwhelming users.
- Encourage task reassignment when necessary.
- Continually adapt the system for optimal resource determination.
Virima’s ASD is a unique tool that automates the process of human intelligence gathering, ensuring a comprehensive and accurate IT and cyber asset inventory. With Virima, you can ensure the completeness of your CMDB and report with confidence.
Challenges & Solutions
ASD is an intelligent automation tool from Virima that automates human intelligence gathering for a deeper understanding of your IT and cyber asset inventory.
ASD can help automate tedious manual processes, ensure the completeness of your CMBD, provide you with more accurate reports, save you time, and help you meet your ITAM goals more effectively.
ASD automates human intelligence gathering through administrator marked asset/CI record properties for integrity checks. It uses smart algorithms to determine the best resource for missing information and facilitates task assignments and reassignments.
ASD can be used to gather any information about any IT asset that does not exist on the asset. Information such as asset lifecycle status, ownership information, business criticality, policies, and SLAs, which cannot be automatically learned through standard discovery probes and agents.
Any organization seeking to automate intelligence gathering for their IT and cyber asset management would benefit from ASD. It’s especially useful if your current processes are manual or lack full visibility.
When coupled with Virima’s asset discovery and dependency mapping capabilities, all your asset details and relationships can be fully leveraged to identify move and dependency groups.
Do you really know about every IT asset – from core to edge – that you’re responsible for supporting or securing?
Is what’s running in the cloud a little too foggy? Deploying applications to the cloud saves money and allows for more rapid deployments. But managing